System Engineer II – San Jose, CA
This role is part of a team responsible for supporting mostly Windows and some Linux and MacOS systems in our clients' network and hosted environments. This includes applications, servers (physical, virtual machines), VoIP phone, firewalls, routers, desktops and laptops, etc. The candidate will need to plan, design, implement, and maintain technology related to these systems. We are looking for a seasoned IT professional in many competencies and will serve many roles; including, escalation point for other technicians, special handling of Top clients, working with vendors, providing day-to-day technical support and technical direction of our clients. The right candidate is detail-oriented, a critical thinker, willing to follow our company process, can work under stressful conditions, can multitask and possesses solid technical, and customer service skills.
If this sounds like the kind of role in which you'll thrive, we look forward to meeting you and joining our team!
COMPENSTATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary Compensation plus incentive bonus plan opportunity (DOE)
- Paid Group Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Sick leave)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match and bonus option
- Profit Sharing Program
- Expense Reimbursement for work related items
- Excellent opportunity to learn, have fun and grow!
- Discretionary educational reimbursement (tuition, tests, books, and other training material)
- Always be respectful and humble to others
- Always be honest and open
- Be determined to resolve issues and make things work
- Work at what gives you and others around you joy
- Be committed to do good work
Qualifications, Roles, and Responsibilities
The essential qualifications and requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be organized and detail-oriented thinker
- Service-minded with strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Work well both in a team environment as well as individually motivated.
- Positive attitude and confidence
- Document internal and external procedures, how-to manuals, and processes based on your expertise and industry's best practices
- Very resourceful finding relevant answers using Google, vendor forums, etc
- 4+ years experience with Windows 7/8/10
- 2+ years experience with Office 365, Exchange Server (2010-2016), and Google G-Suite
- 4+ years experience of Windows Server (2008-2016) administration/management
- 4+ years Active Directory experience (including promoting/demoting controllers, managing Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, File Security, etc)
- 2+ year experience with VMware ESXi 6.0+ and Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Hand-on experience with troubleshooting (laptop, desktop and server)
- Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, and DNS)
- Good understanding of IPV4 concepts and troubleshooting: Ping, trace route, nslookup, etc.
- Good understanding of E-mail (Outlook/Mac Mail) setup and troubleshooting: POP3, IMAP, MAPI over HTTP, SMTP, Spoof email.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2013-2016 and Office 365 Office ProPlus
- Must have own vehicle, valid California Driver's License, and auto insurance
- Be able to lift 25-35 pounds
- 3+ years experience with Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services), or Virtual Desktop or VDI (including installation, configuration and management)
- Experience supporting networking devices such as switches (HP, Cisco, Dell), router, firewall (SonicWALL, Fortigate, Meraki) and wireless devices (Ubiquiti, SonicWALL, Meraki)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud or Amazon AWS (compute, storage, security)
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, and/or equivalent
- System performance tuning, trending, and analysis
- If you have experience with ConnectWise Manage, Continuum RMM, Solarwinds RMM, or other RMM tools, please note that in your cover letter.
- If you have worked for an IT consulting or MSP, please put that in your cover letter.
- Relevant college degree or equivalent work experience
- Behave in accordance to Company Values.
- Medium to high pressure at times due to striving to meet customer satisfaction and keeping up to date with computer technology. Must focus on the tasks at hand and manage time well.
- In-office hours are 8 AM to 5 PM with 1 hour lunch, taken at a time that fits with the daily workload.
- Workload may require candidate to work after-hours or weekend, with overtime paid, upon approval of company management.
- The candidate must document and enter time for all work completed, immediately upon completion.
- The candidate must fully document description of the issue or problem, research, testing, diagnosis, and resolution.
- The candidate must communicate with team members, customers and management of the work being done. This communication should have follow up documentation.
As a growing and leading IT solution provider, located in San Jose, California, we specialize in Construction Companies, Legal Firms and non-profit industries with 10 to 100+ employees that are looking for end-to-end IT solutions. We focus on technology management that includes network security, cloud desktops, virtual private servers, line-of-business application support, data protection, VoIP Phone System and end-user support. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for brilliant and team-oriented individuals to join our family to help with our company mission. You will have a direct impact to help with the growth of the company.
Our mission: Treat our customers like family, and help them use technology to achieve their goals and to increase productivity!
We treat our employees like family, and we want to help them to reach their highest potential and goals. We also expect our customers to treat our employees like family.
Our workplace provides employees with a collaborative environment, a variety of experiences, new opportunities, a chance to learn new skills, and use cutting edge technologies.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the job questionnaire. Complete the form and Submit your resume in Word or PDF format. Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.