Network & Systems Administrator, San Jose, CA for MSP
Ready to stop being a cog on the wheel and start helping drive? At eSudo we are looking for a network and systems administrator who has the experience, knowledge, and desire to help our clients grow and move forward. We passionately believe in the mission of our clients and strive to deliver best in class service on every call, every contact, every day.
eSudo is a place where you can be a part of a work family that provides employees with a true collaborative environment, a variety of experiences, new opportunities, a chance to learn new skills and use cutting-edge technologies. We support your efforts to pursue technical certifications and provide flexible time off for a work/life balance. We offer company-wide educational conferences; AND most importantly….we have a clear path for career advancement.
Our core values define who we are as a company as well as the people who work here.
- Make a positive difference—help make the lives of employees, clients, and vendor better by what we say and do.
- No Jerks Allowed—be humble and kind. We will work with employees, clients, and vendors that are not jerks.
- Honesty comes first—be honest and open to yourself, co-workers, clients, and vendors. Say what we do and do what we say.
- Show We Care—when working with a client, treat his/her issue like our own; listen, ask questions, and verify his/her issue before we can fully help them. Get the job done right.
- Keep it short & simple (KISS)—less is more. Make our products, services, and message simple and straightforward for employees, clients, and vendors to understand and adopt.
Our Network and System Administrator is a critical piece in our team and is responsible for the delivery of reactive technical support as well as work on proactive projects. This role will also provide continual improvement of processes and standards to provide a consistent client experience. Qualified candidates MUST have the ability to communicate to clients and co-workers at both technical and non-technical levels.
Ideal candidates are self-directed, innovative, organized, flexible and can consistently maintain our high-quality standards. The desire and drive to build and maintain customer relationships is a key function of this role. This candidate will also be able to exhibit a sense of urgency in providing exceptional quality service to clients as well as setting and managing expectations. This team member is responsible for the delivery of reactive technical support, as well as emergency and scheduled onsite requests. The Network and System Administrator will also provide continual improvement of processes and standards to provide a consistent client experience.
Qualifications, and Work Experience
Additional knowledge, skills, and responsibilities
Preferred knowledge, skills, and competencies:
COMPENSTATION AND HR Information
- Competitive Salary Compensation plus incentive bonus plan opportunity (DOE)
- Company pays 100% of the base plan for Medical Insurance
- Vacation and Sick leave accrual
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with company match and bonus option after one year
- Expense Reimbursement for work related items
- Discretionary educational reimbursement (tuition, tests, books, and other training material)
- Full time, in office position, San Jose
- Some local travel to client sites
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 45 lbs
- Behave in accordance to Company Values.
- Medium to high pressure at times due to striving to meet customer satisfaction and keeping up to date with computer technology. Must focus on the tasks at hand and manage time well.
- Working hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Workload may require candidate to work after-hours or weekend, with overtime paid, upon approval of company management.
- The candidate must document and enter time for all work completed, immediately upon completion.
- The candidate must fully document description of the issue or problem, research, testing, diagnosis, and resolution.
- The candidate must communicate with team members, customers and management of the work being done. This communication should have follow up documentation.
Why Join eSudo?
As a growing and leading Cybersecurity and IT solution provider, located in San Jose, California, we specialize in Construction Companies, Legal Firms, Insurance Brokers, and CPA/Accounting Firms with 10 to 100 employees that are looking for end-to-end IT solutions. We focus on technology management that includes Cybersecurity, Managed IT Services, Cloud Services, line-of-business application support, data loss prevention, VoIP Phone System, and end-user help desk support. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for brilliant and team-oriented individuals to join our family to help with our company mission. You will have a direct impact to help with the growth of the company and make a positive impact on people.
Our mission statement: Treat our customers like family, and help them use technology to clear away their challenges, increasing productivity through technology!
We treat our employees like family, and we want to help them to reach their highest potential and goals. We also expect our customers to treat our employees like family.
Our workplace provides employees with a collaborative environment, a variety of experiences, new opportunities, a chance to learn new skills and use cutting-edge technologies.
As a NETWORK & SYSTEMS Administrator, you could work anywhere, but at eSudo we offer a unique work environment.
We wholeheartedly support your efforts to pursue technical certifications and provide flexible time off for personal/family matters; we work on interesting technical issues and projects, we offer company-wide educational conferences; AND most importantly….we have a clear path for career advancement.
eSudo financially supports the acquisition of technical certifications that are relevant to each employee’s role.
As a part of our support team, the NETWORK & SYSTEMS Administrator will provide technical support via email, phone and onsite service. Services and response times are guided by contractual Service Level Agreements. We provide our clients with Remote Help Desk, Onsite Support, CyberSecurity, Voice & Video Services, and Manage IT Services.
This position requires a high degree of interaction directly with customers remotely and onsite as-needed. The successful candidate will be able to communicate well with highly technical suppliers and translate that to the business-speak of the customer – and vice versa. The successful candidate must be able to diffuse tense situations with upset customers at times by being an empathetic listener and projecting understanding and competence. Besides, the candidate will demonstrate an ability to work independently, meeting deadlines and requirements, but not afraid to ask for help when needed to complete tasks on time and own up to, remedy, and learn from mistakes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop,
- kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35-45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
- peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the job questionnaire. Complete the form and Submit your resume in Word or PDF format. Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.