Network System Administrator II – San Jose, CA
eSudo (‘e-Sudo’) is a Microsoft and SonicWall technology solutions provider for small businesses and nonprofit in San Jose , Silicon Valley, and San Francisco Bay Area. eSudo provides IT services, computer help desk services, consulting and cloud solutions to small businesses and non-profit organizations. We use the most cutting edge tools and technologies available to bring our customers enterprise level IT and maximize efficiency and customer service. For our employees, this translates to excellent learning opportunities and exposure to the best methods for computer support in the industry. We are expanding and have job openings for the right candidate looking to work in a challenging, fast pace, and IT consulting environment.
KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF CANDIDATE
- Enthusiastic and excited about life!
- Self-Motivated to work consistently in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Customer Service Skills – Experience in customer-oriented telephone, email and chat
- Understands small business customers’ needs
- Follows Through
- Pleasant and Proactive Professional
- Self Sufficient or Ability to work with little supervision
- Welcomes constructive feedback
- Provide telephone, remote support and onsite support for business customers
- Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using our ticket management system
- Proficient in English in writing and reading
- Troubleshoot hardware issues quickly and effectively (DELL, Apple and HP Desktop/Laptop/Server hardware)
- Ability to support clients using VNC, RDP, TeamViewer and LogMeIn remote control software
- Strong, hands-on, knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2013, Small Business Server 2008/2010, DNS, and Active Directory
- Support servers running Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, 2007, and 2010
- Configure and deploy Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and MacOS X workstation environments
- Maintain antivirus and antispyware—Symantec AV, Trend Micro, Vipre, Sophos, MS Security Essentials, AVG Software
- Ability to multi-task, respond quickly, competently and patiently to customer issues, concerns and challenges
- Do research when required and perform product evaluation and testing as needed.
- Perform technical documentation for the system or software we manage
- Ability to work after-hours, weekends and on-call as needed in a rotation with the other Network Operations Engineers (NOC) and third-party vendors
- Position requires ability to lift servers, workstations or equipment between 30-50 lbs
- Record and document all customer requests and issues in eSudo ticketing systems
Candidate must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to develop and learn in a fast-paced support environment. Must possess good organizational skills to manage open calls and call backs, diagnose problems and follow-up with customers within a designated time frame to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
Automobile travel within a 30-50 miles radius and must possess reliable automobile and liability insurance suitable for covering business use of automobile. A valid California driver's license is required.
On-going self-education in order to keep up with technology is necessary, including but not limited to research and development, seminars, and other forms of personal growth.
- 4+ Years’ Experience in all Microsoft Office programs for Windows and MacOS
- 4+ Years’ Experience in all Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2012)
- Recent experience providing remote support using LogMeIn, VNC, RDP, or similar product
- Recent experience supporting mobile devices (iPhone, Android, iPad)
- Experience supporting QuickBooks
- Experience supporting printers, scanners, faxes, etc.
- Experience supporting networking devices such as switches, router, firewall and wireless devices.
- High level of customer service and professional attitude
- Work in team environment and follow through on internal company and external customers’ requests or tasks
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learning opportunities in challenging environment
- Office 365 and Google Apps for Work knowledge are a plus
- Hyper-V, VMware vSphere ESXi or vCenter Experience are plus
HIGHLY-DESIRED SKILL SET (These will get you an interview)
- Kaseya, Labtech and/or Zenith InfoTech
- Connectwise or AutoTask experience
- Experience supporting Exchange 2003-2010 servers, SQL servers, routers, Sonicwall/Fortigate/Cisco firewalls, VPN, etc.
- Relevant certifications from Microsoft (MCSA), VMware, SonicWall or Cisco (CCNA/CCNP)
***MUST BE A US CITIZEN or BE VALID PROOF TO WORK IN US***
Supervision Received: Limited direct supervision. Specific day-to-day tasks received via Dispatcher and Client MIS Team. Development plans and performance reviews received from Principal.
Pressure of Work: Medium to high at times due to striving to meet customer satisfaction and keeping up to date with computer technology.
Please verify salary requirements BEFORE responding to this posting! And you MUST provide your salary requirements (a range is fine). We know that no one likes to talk about salary up front but we don't want to waste anyone's time (either ours or yours) if we aren't in the same ballpark regarding compensation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the job questionnaire. Complete the form and Submit your resume in Word or PDF format. Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered.
- A fast growing service provider working with small business, non-profits and education industries: www.eSudo.com
- Career path with fast growing company
- Compensation: Competitive Salary Compensation plus bonus plan opportunity; Our compensation model is based on revenue sharing, like being a freelance consultant; your earnings are directly tied to your contributions and performance.
- Health Plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Paid Technical Training
- Opportunity to work and learn in a challenging IT environment and people