Guide to Google Workspace Migration Cost
One of the first questions our potential customers want to know when they call our company is…
How much does it cost to migrate email to Google Workspace (formerly G Apps or G Suite)?
Although this is a very difficult question to answer because not all environments are the same, we will do our best to explain some general pricing guidelines and what you need to consider for your Google Workspace migration project.
What is Google Workspace (“G Suite”)?
Google Workspace (formerly G-suite or G-Apps) is a set of cloud-based software by Google. Depending on the plan or subscription you purchase, it includes the latest version of Gmail for email, Calendar for scheduling, Drive for file storage, Meet for audio/video conferencing, Chat for texting, Sites, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and more.
The plan you select will depend on the business needs for your employees.
The most popular plans include Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, and Business Plus. The maximum users supported is 300, if you have more, we will need to move you to the Enterprise plan.
|Summary of Features||Business Starter||Business Standard||Business Plus|
|Monthly Cost with Annual Commitment||$6.00 per user||$12.00 per user||$18.00 per user|
|Email and Calendaring||Included||Included||Included|
|Email, Documents, Photo Storage||30 GB per User||3 TB per User||5 TB per User|
|Docs, Sheets, Slides, Keep, Sites, Forms, and Currents||Included||Included||Included|
|Blogger, YouTube, and Sites||Included||Included||Included|
|Group Chat / Collaboration / Video Conference||100 participants||150 participants + recording||250 participants +recording, attendance tracking|
|Security and Data Protection||Included||Included||Enhanced security tool Vault for eDiscovery|
|Support||Standard Support||Standard Support (paid upgrade to Enhanced Support)||Standard Support (paid upgrade to Enhanced Support)|
Factors That Influence Your Google Workspace Migration Cost
Once you determined the Google Workspace Plan that is right for your business, you will need to budget for the cost of migrating your email from the current email system to Gmail.
For the purpose of this article, we will focus on the migration to Google Gmail, Calendar and Contacts. We will not cover Google Drive, Meet, Chat, Vault, or any other online products that are included in Google Workspace plans as they would not be considered part of the email migration project. An email migration project will transfer all emails and folders from one email account into another email account. For example, from [email protected] to [email protected]
Here are some of the factors that could affect your migration cost:
Number of Users or Mailboxes
In general, the more mailboxes you have, the lower the cost per mailbox you will pay for the migration project. To be clear, when asking vendors for a Scope-of-Work (SOW), make sure they include “What Is” and “What Is Not” covered in the migration services. eSudo provides a complete SOW with each project.
Size of the User’s Mailbox
The size of the user’s mailbox refers to how large or the total of all email messages (all the email messages including attachments in one account). The larger the mailbox size, the longer it takes to migrate to Google Gmail. Some users with a large mailbox size (over 25 GB), could have corrupted messages, or a large number of deleted messages (in archive or the Deleted folder), may need to be cleaned up before the account is migrated over to Gmail. Some messages may not migrate if the attachment is corrupt or too large. To reduce the mailbox size, we often recommend emptying deleted messages and deleting any old sent messages over 3 years old. Alternatively, if migrating from Microsoft Outlook, we recommend archiving messages over 4 years old to a local personal Outlook file. This will help reduce the amount of time it takes to download the messages (during the migration process).
Existing Email Server or Data Source
Will the age of your current email system affect the cost of your migration? Migrating emails from older Microsoft Exchange server systems or non-Microsoft email servers will take more time to prepare before we start the migration process.
- If you are currently using an older in-house or On-Premise Exchange 2010 (or older) server, there some additional steps involved before we can start the migration process
- If you are using a POP3/IMAP server (e.g., Gmail, Google Workspace, Everyone.net, GoDaddy) and messages are stored locally, we will have to upload the files from each local PC into the company Gmail account
- If you are using multiple PCs or mobile devices for email, there may be different copies of your messages on different devices because your messages are downloaded; meaning, they are not synced with each other. As a result, we will need to determine which device stores your most recent messages and try to consolidate them into one copy (onto one PC). This will require additional time to prepare and conduct a cleanup before we are able to start the migration process
Integration with third-party application or network devices
Do you have any third-party applications, such as a CRM, QuickBooks, network scanner or copier, that needs to send out emails? We will need to look at the compatibility of the application or network device. For example, the application or network device must meet the security requirements for Google Workspace before it can send or relay email.
Next, do you have a third-party spam filtering provider or third-party provider for sending newsletters or bulk emails?
If so, we can assess your options and determine the time for setup and the associated cost involved.
Three Different Options for Migrating to Gmail on Google Workspace
While companies can migrate to Gmail on their own, the most effective way to transition their environment, and to minimize downtime, is by relying on a Google partner like eSudo.
eSudo offers a variety of services to get you started, from simply walking you through the signup and initial configuration to turn-key migrations from existing in-house email servers or another hosted email provider.
- Option 1 – Basic implementation without email data migration. This involves setting up a custom email domain for your business, creating new email addresses, distribution list or group, and then verify you can send and receive emails.
- Option 2 – Implementation with email, contacts, and calendar migration. In addition to Option 1 and 3, eSudo will help configure Gmail on Mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone) This includes some on-site services. It is our most popular option for customers that need end-to-end service.
- Option 3 – Implementation with Mail Migration. In addition to Option 1 services, eSudo will migrate email, calendar, and contact data for email users from Exchange or POP3/SMTP servers to Google Gmail on Google Workspace.
NOTE: Migration of Contacts (address book) and Calendar is available only from Microsoft Exchange server or Exchange, not IMAP, Google Workspace or Gmail.
Without email migration
With email migration
With email migration
Migration Cost (20 users minimum):
||Hourly||Set of Hours Included||Hourly|
|Post-Technical Support after Migration to Gmail on Google Workspace go Live||Hourly|
|On-going Support and Consultation||Add-On||Add-On||Add-On|
Based on our extensive experience, eSudo can remove the worry and hassle from the migration process with proven results! Whether you have 5 or 100+ users, we have the experience to meet your organization’s unique deployment needs.
- Experienced Support Team in the USA
Local team to provide your company remote and onsite support when you need us
- Cost Effective
Starting at just $50.00 per user plus backup setup fee to migrate to Gmail on Google Workspace, our services are priced at a very competitive level
- Proven Methodology
The last thing anyone wants is a surprise, so go with the team that has done it before, from transitioning 1 mailbox to 100+ mailboxes
Maximize your investment in Gmail on Google Workspace with the guidance of eSudo experts.